RICS Home Buyers Report
A RICS Home Buyers Report is a mid level survey that is more in-depth than a mortgage valuation and not as comprehensive as a Full Structural Survey.
As a RICS member we conduct an in-depth visual inspection of the property and produce a detailed report that includes an overall assessment of the properties condition, highlighting any problems found that may require urgent attention or repair, and an approximate calculation of the costs of the repairs.
We use a simple green, amber, red ‘traffic light’ rating system of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention.
- Condition Rating 1 – Green. No Repair is currently needed. The property should be maintained in the normal way
- Condition Rating 2 – Amber. Defects that need repairing or replacing but are not considered to either serious or urgent. The property should be maintained in the normal way
- Condition Rating 3 – Red. Defects that are serious and/or in need of urgent investigation, repair or replacement
The report also includes;
- A summary of the risks to the condition of the building and other matters for your legal advisors such as guarantees and planning and building control issues
- The surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘Market Value’ of the property and an insurance reinstatement figure for the property
- Advice on defects that may affect the value of the property with repairs and ongoing maintenance advice